Monday, September 5, 2011

begone summer---HURRAH!!!!

Anyone who knows me, is familiar w/how much despise the dog days of July and August. Spending a late afternoon on the Scenic 61, grilling out w/friends that were house sitting near the start line of the G.B. half, put me in an especially good mood because the weather is turning in my favor! Jen and I were discussing how quite often Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends mark the change of seasons. A bonfire just doesn't smell as good on a crappy sultry night....but during autumn....there's nothing like it!! Running w/my buddy Hypo in Hartley this evening in crisp air had us both so rejuvenated. Trails were in nice shape and the sticky mud holes appeared few in numbers. All it took was 70 minutes and we had our quota. My previous two days had me on the bike tearing limb from limb going flat to climbing every BITCH HILL you might think of(even got caught out in a soaker and was lovin' it). However, my gal was along for that portion on the way back from Gill's Cheese and Smokehouse but she proved to be a trooper.

New life experiences showed up too by me getting lured into viewing my first drag show
@ The Main in Superior, WI as it was Pride Week. Lots of pizza pies and libations @ Thirsty Pagan before the entertainment set in a good buzz and it was an eye opener!!!!! Jen's friend Quincy is moving to L.A. which made this his final performance in the Twin Ports.

On a more sensitive note, Jen is having a major elective surgery on Wednesday and so keep her in your thoughts/prayers as it is a difficult recovery.

No comments: