Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Living History Farms

Damn! Fall season is the best!! I've got 3 races in the next 4 days so I haven't got time to document life experiences, otherwise, I miss out on living life. Putting it plain & simple, you need to make your way down to Urbandale, IA for this one. Great cross country atmosphere about this venue and those creek crossings make it extremely fun!!!

I did the cyclocross race later in the afternoon following cheers to my teammates during their run in the morning. There was one enbankment that riders had to, literally, toss their machines up and figure how to get just themselves out. Many ropes were strung down to be used should a person felt the need. Missing an early selection left me battling the wind in the open fields alone which was my fault and must have occurred while snoozing?!. However, I fought hard to roll over the line in 5th place. That makes a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th on the year to date. Maybe I've got a win coming this weekend back down @ Jingle Cross Rock.

Along w/stimulating discussions on coffee, eating Mongolian, I really enjoyed my trip. Check out a sweet video that my good friend Tony captured of me here.

No comments: