Saturday, November 5, 2011

honoring their service

Barb & Gene Curnow have been synonymous to trail running in northern MN for decades. They'll be stepping down from duties that they've volunteered many hours, days, weeks, months, years, etc. While someone may take positions once filled by them, NOBODY WILL EVER REPLACE THEM!! The final NMTC race of the fall series is out @ Pine Valley in Cloquet tomorrow afternoon which marks the last time Barb will hold a clipboard and Gene will remove pink ribbon from branches as he sweeps the course. I got word about this after deciding not to race my bike this weekend as my legs need a serious time-out! Regardless, I'm heading out there w/intent to run the course because it will be new to me and feel obligated to show my appreciation.

Textbook periodization of 3 up/1 down is where I'm sitting right now. Plus, my timing couldn't be any better since the end of this month is huge for me. Body & mind were really affected by some hard racing lately and I had difficulty carrying out a standard week of conditioning as mechanicals left me in doubt. Rhythm is everything at this point in the year because my workload is so trivial. All effort is put into honing maximal proficiency assuming the individual has done enough to enjoy the fruits of labor.

Jen and I spent the evening watching a local magician and renaissance juggler Tuey Wilson perform down @ the Scottish Rite Auditorium to benefit her friend Chani's theater group. Incredible acts that should have been publicized...

No comments: